La Cabra Frameset
La Cabra is the bike you never thought you needed, but once you think about it, you have to have one. You’ll be looking for more places to ride. Opening up possibilities of where and how you ride is what La Cabra is all about.
There’re so many possible options with this frame. Where to start…First, the La Cabra is designed as a drop bar mountain bike. The combination of the tall stack and a reach that will allow the bars to be positioned where the drop portion of the bar, where you have the most control, will be high enough to be comfortable and confidence inspiring on your favorite trails and comfortable enough for multi-day bike packing.
- Wheels/tires: The La Cabra frame was designed around a maximum tire size of 29” x 2.4” or 27.5” x 2.8”
- Headset: Standard 1 1/8” / 34mm external cup
- Hub spacing: 110mm x 15mm front, 148mm x 12mm rear thru-axle
- Brake mounting: IS mount front and rear. Use post mount calipers with adapters
- Brake rotor size: 180mm maximum front or rear
- Seat post size: 30.9mm with a 34.9mm clamp
- Internal routing for dropper post, 100-125mm travel.
- Multiple bag/rack mounting options.
- Bottom bracket: Standard threaded British 1.37” x 24tpi with a 73mm wide shell
- Crankset compatibility: The frame is designed to be able to run a non-Boost crankset, even though the hub spacing is Boost. If you want to run a Boost crank that’s no problem, since Boost just moves the rings away from the chainstay. But if you want to run a non-Boost crank you can run the following:
- Single ring up to 34t
- Double ring up to a 38t ring
- Triple with traditional ring sizes and chainline around 47.5mm – 50mm. However, triple cranks may not offer sufficient clearance between the chain and the widest tires.
- Front derailleur: 34.9 clamp size, bottom pull or dual pull. Use low clamp style.
- Bottle mounts: Three on 15”, 16”, and 18”. Four on 20” and 22”.
- Thru-axles. La Cabra framesets include thru-axles.
- The frame is treated with black electrophoretic deposition coating, which acts as a rust-preventative layer, before paint is applied.
- Can I run flat bars on La Cabra? Sure, why not. Fit a stem that gets the bars where you want them and Bob’s your uncle.
- And the big question: can I use a suspension fork on La Cabra? No. The La Cabra fork is not suspension corrected nor is the headtube sized to fit a modern, tapered suspension fork.
- 2022 color: Peanut Butter